Sayulita is known for its quality surfing; excellent for beginners and experienced surfers alike. If you would like to learn to surf on your vacation, you may want to take our popular surf lessons. Our instructors are Sayulita’s most sought after professional instructors who truly care about you and will offer you an endless number of great tips.
You’ll also love our selection of boards (so you won’t have to bring one and pay high fees to the airlines). In addition, our concierge can arrange surf trips to nearby beautiful, semi-secret local spots. Excellent too for advanced surfers where private guides and drivers take you to some phenomenal uncrowded breaks otherwise difficult to access. We’ve listed a few of our favorite spots, but your guides will know the best spots that are firing for each day’s conditions.
And don’t forget, we have Stand Up Paddle right in front of the resort. So get wet, ride some waves and have fun!
Nayarit’s water temperatures
Water temps for Nayarit’s offshore sport fishing are as follows:
- February – March :: low 70s
- August – September :: high 80s
Sayulita Main Beach
Sayulita’s Main Beach starts directly in front of Amor Boutique Hotel and wraps around a small bay for 1.2 miles. It offers a wonderful, mellow, sand-bottom break that’s perfect for beginners. In big southern swells, Sayulita has been known to enjoy overhead days, but we try to keep that on the DL.
Nearby Punta de Mita
- La Lancha :: Right and left break. Easy walk from highway with newly-opened access.
- El Faro (the Lighthouse) :: One of Punta Mita’s favorite right hand breaks…3 right breaks, to be exact.
- The Bahia :: Immediately in front of the Punta de Mita Four Season’s golf course. Right and left reef breaks. Often with good waves.
- Monuments :: Accessible by boat only in the Punta Mita area and is known for its quality rights.
- Burros :: Generally a wave magnet for all swell directions. A bit more crowded as it’s in front of Palladium Resort.
Neighbor just north of Sayulita. Expect a left point breaking in deep water. Somewhat sporadic, but when it’s firing, it’s great.
You can drive there then take a 10 minute boat ride, or take a boat that leaves directly from our resort. Chacala is a classic left point, but can get crowded as there’s a surf school there.
Live the life you love!